Thursday, August 05, 2010

Reindeer Games Seasons Greetings


My hubby is such a sweetie about my crafting.  I have been in a super funk lately, and he surprised me with this Create-A-Critter Cricut Cartridge!  I love it!  The critters on here are so cute!  I saw this little reindeer, and I knew he was destined to become a Christmas card.

I started out with a 5.5" x 4.25" card made with Kraft cardstock.  I stamped my sentiment with  ink and then embossed it using fine white embossing powder.  I found some patterned paper that was so cute in my stash of papers.  I cut them at 2.5" x 5.5",  2" x 5.5", and 1.25" x 5.5".  I inked and chalked the edges of the papers and adhered the layers together using my Glue Glider Pro.  For the border, I used a scroll lace border punch.  I added the the border to my patterned paper layers and then adhered the entire strip to the card using my 3M foam tape.  I tied a scrap ribbon around the card, and then added a button using twine.

Now for the fun part.  I set my Cricut blade depth to 3 and my pressure to max to cut my cardstock pieces.  I used a scrap piece of  kraft cardstock, brown cardstock, and black cardstock.  I set my dial size to 3" for the reindeer.  Make sure real dial size is off.  I cut all of the layers, and glued them together using my Zig 2-Way glue pen.  For the scarf, I used my powder blue glitter paper.  For the glitter paper, I set my machine to blade depth of 4, cut speed to medium, pressure to max and multi-cut function in the on position.  I have found the glitter papers cut so much better and the slower speed.  (Sorry it is hard to see the bling of the paper in the photo).  I added my reindeer to my card using a double layer of 3M foam tape. Lastly, I added a Kaisercraft bright red rhinestone for the nose.

I am so in love with this cartridge!  The critters are all so cute.  I am sure you will be seeing more of them in my future projects.

Items available at Cutters Creek:

Cricut Machine
Cricut Create-a-Critter Cartridge
Cricut Spatula
American Crafts Glitter Paper - Powder Blue
Kaisercraft - Red Rhinestones
3M Foam Tape
Glue Glider Pro
Zig 2-Way Glue Pen

1 comments:

Kristina said...

Your card turned out totally adorable. That cart is one of my fav's...you'll love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails