Friday, August 13, 2010

Every Day Christmas Card Challenge #13


Over at Scrappin' n Chattin' we are doing an Every Day Christmas Card Challenge.  I am going to have all my cards done in August! Yeah!  Today, we had an extra challenge -- include polka dots and plaid on your card.  For me this was easier said than done!  I struggled to find plaid paper.  I finally found a small strip of green plain in my scraps bin, and that was the starting point.




I used my Cuttle Bug 5 x7 Polka Dots folder to emboss the green DCWV cardstock.  I distressed the edges with my Making Memories Distress Tool (love this!).  The rest of the patterned papers are scraps from various companies - black polka dot - Quick Quotes, Red Polka Dot - SEI.  The tinsel fibers are scraps from a page kit I got so long ago.  The typewriter key letters are a throwback from the 1980's.  I tied them together with DMC Floss in black.  I popped the letters off the card using one and two layers of 3M foam tabs for more dimension.  The plaid piece is also popped off the card using foam adhesive.



Hubby decided to sneak back in my craft room with the camera while I was finishing this project to snap some pictures of Hailey in her dog bed -- to compare with the previous ones of Scooby :)  Her is Miss Hailey in her scrappin' bed.

Hailey ~ Relaxin'
Scrappin' is hard work - I need a nap.
I don' see what the big deal is.
This bed is Puggle approved!

This bed is perfect for a boxer -- really!


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails