Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 27 - A little bit Country


Today's card draws on a bit of a country quilt kind of flair to me.  It is made on white cardstock with a kraft cardstock layer for a border.  The card front is smooth white cardstock with four patterned papers from the 2008 Snowy Jo Imaginisce paper line.  I cut strips at just over 1" and then used the Fiskars Apron Lace Border punch on the edges.  I mounted them on the card face using Mono Permanent Adhesive.  I wanted a little "play" time to get them even, so liquid adhesive was the answer.  The buttons were from Granny's now infamous button box, and good old DMV floss added just the right sewn on touch.  I used Glue Dots to adhere the buttons to my faux quilt pieces.  I added the eyelet lace using ScorTape, and then finished it off with American Crafts Ribbon.  I added this great ceramic button that I purchased years ago at JoAnn's using twine.  The sentiment is an American Crafts rub-on from their 2009 Christmas pack.  The entire card front was adhered to the card base using foam tape.



I love this one actually.  The hard part is picking who I will send it to!  LOL  The month of cards is drawing to a close.  I am going to have to think up some cool card for my finale :)  Stay tuned for more.

1 comments:

myska said...

Nice card! I like the use of vintage pieces!

Related Posts with Thumbnails