Tuesday, July 29, 2008

This weekend...

It went by way too quickly, but we got a lot done. My parents came down for the weekend, and we worked on our house. My step-son's bedroom is now ready to be painted and turned into my "dressing room". If we planned to stay in the house, I would be painting the room a pale pink. Since we are moving as soon as we sell, I am going to stick with a neutral color, and paint my dressers, etc. black and pink.

I got my trash hauled away, my laundry done, the bedroom prepped, made lasagna, mailed off some legal paperwork, and cleaned my house. All in all, it was a productive weekend. Oh, I forgot mowed the lawn, pulled weeds, and took out more trash from the backyard. Why do they package patio furniture in TONS of cardboard? Geez! So much for environmentally friendly! I hauled it all down to recycle. It filled the back of the pickup!

I could go on and on, but I won't. Hubby wants to watch "Weeds" before we go to bed.

Tata for now ~waves~

Sunday, July 13, 2008

My first Tear Bear

This is my very first tear bear using the heavy weight mulberry papers. I chalked the edges for added dimension & used pink chalk for the cheeks. The nose and eyes came with the kit. I used a slicker black fine writer for the whiskers and mouth.

Thank you BUFFY for sending me this kit to try! It was so much fun!

Time to Start adding my scrapbook stuff

These are file folders I made for a swap for Pet Pages for my dogs.

I stamped on colored card stock and added ribbon with staples to complete the look.

These are altered coasters I made for the same swap, but a different group. I covered coasters with cardstock and then die cut them with my Sizzix to make the shapes. I inked and embellished the items with ribbon to complete the look.

This is my very first attempt at a tear animal. I am happy with the results considering I used the wrong kind of mulberry paper for this project. I had tissue weight paper, rather than cardstock weight. I used chalk and a pen to add the accents.

Lastly these are tags I made for another swap for Father's Day. These are done on heavy weight cardstock. I stamped and inked each tag. The papers are reproduction advertisements that I got from a collage kit. The bottle cap is a beer bottle cap I took from my husband's beer bottling kit. I hammered the caps flat and then used my creative memories circle cutter to make the inserts. I used a decorative stamp to add the "D" to the center.

Related Posts with Thumbnails