Friday, August 06, 2010

Merry Little Christmas Deer


After I finished the card I posted yesterday, I started really looking at my patterned paper. I noticed the little reindeer looked an awful lot like the deer on the Create-a-Critter Cricut cartridge. I knew I had to make "her" for another card.

Again, I started with a standard kraft paper card. I stamped my sentiment using ink and fine white embossing powder. I cut the larger strip at about 2.5" x 5.25". The accent piece with my little deer was at 1.25" x 5.25". I inked and chalked the edges and put them together using my Glue Glider Pro. I had a little left-over piece of border sitting on my desk from another project, so I attached it to the bottom of my two strips. I added assembled piece to my card using 3M foam tape squares.

For my deer, I cut all of the pieces at 3". The shadow was gray paper. The base is black paper. Layer 2 is kraft paper, and the top layer is brown paper. I assembled the layers together using the Zig 2-way Glue Pen. I added Kaisercraft rhinestones in green and red for her collar. I used the largest size to give her a cute red nose. For her eyelashes, I cut a small piece of black cardstock using my Cutter Bee Scissors. I cut thin and fine strips to make her eyelashes. I added the pieces together using Glue Dots. Then I had adhered finished googly eye to my project.

I am having so much fun with this cartridge!

Items available at Cutters Creek:

Cricut Machine
Cricut Create-a-Critter Cartridge
Cricut Spatula
Kaisercraft - Red Rhinestones
Kaisercraft - Green Rhinestones
3M Foam Tape
Glue Glider Pro
Zig 2-Way Glue Pen

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails