Thursday, August 12, 2010

Magnolia Christmas Slider Card



Today's card is a double challenge card.  At Scrappin' n Chattin' on Yahoo Groups, I am in an Every Day Card Challenge for Christmas cards.  Over at Scrappy Frogs Challenge Blog, our challenge is to make a slider card.  Sherri found these great directions on You Tube ~Click Here~ for making these fun cards.  This is my first ever slider card.  It was fun to do :)

I started working on my project in my so organized craft room ~laughing hysterically~.  It is hard for me to believe that I actually cleaned my entire room 2 weeks ago.  From the looks of this photo, it looks like a hurricane hit recently.


As I was working away, I looked down to find my Boxer Scooby Doo asleep in Hailey's little dog bed.  You see Hailey is always in the craft room with me, and normally, I am trying to get her out of my chair.  She loves to sit right behind my back.  In fact, that is where she is as I type this.  A 100# Boxer Dog doesn't fit well in a Puggle bed.  LOL



So back to my card.  I used another Magnolia image, and of course, she is colored using my Copic Sketch Markers :)  I added some Stickles Glitter Glue and some bling from the Copic Spica pens.


The slider part is so cool.  You will see the "secret" is a plastic shopping bag if you watch the video.  Here is the the card closed:


And then sliding a little ways:


And then all the way open:


Since I added so many pictures, I won't bore you with all the directions!  The papers are from Imaginisce.  The ribbon is Offray.  The button is from Making Memories.  The stamp sentiments are from Inkadinkado and Papertrey Ink.  I used Memento Bamboo Leaves ink for the sentiment, and Colorbox Chalk Ink in Olive for inking the sentiment edges.  For the Magnolia image, I used the Ranger Distress Ink (Tumbled Glass) for the edges.  I also used a white gel pen from Inksentials for accenting the image.  Of course, all coloring was done with my Copic Sketch Markers~



4 comments:

Dena said...

Your slider card is very cute! I don't think I have seen one like this before. Great work!
P.S. My pup sleeps in my craftroom with me too! They are so loyal!!!!
Hugs, Dena

charlene said...

What a great slider card I have not seen one like that before . I did bookmark it. Great job and you boxer is just to cute.

Unknown said...

Wonderful slider card! Love it!

anaRy said...

I loved your post..your card and the dog!!!!!!!!!!
hugs
anaRy

Related Posts with Thumbnails