Sunday, March 15, 2009

Muir Beach Layout








These pages are of the first time my in-laws had went to the Pacific Ocean. I took them on a day trip to San Francisco. We toured around the city, and all of the famous landmarks, but they really wanted to see the beach as opposed to the SF Bay. We drove out to Muir Beach (1/2 hour or so out of SF), and we all got out and played in the ocean. It is almost impossible to read the journaling on the page, but it was almost word for word what they said. If you look from right to left, they start out tentatively wading in the water, and then they finally get out there a little way. (I did this because of the journaling). The last photo is of them running back up to the beach. A big wave came up and almost knocked them over. They were laughing so hard at the "feeling" of the waves and my MIL said, "Big, big, big wave. Big wave chase me." (Which is what the journaling strips say). My husband and I couldn't stop laughing.

I don't know if any of you have seen the movie with John Candy, "The Great Outdoors", where he runs in the cabin being chased by the bear. He says, "Big, big, big bear. Big bear chase me." Anyway the humor for us was in the journaling. I used real sea shells that we collected on the beach that day for the actual page accents. I cleaned them well in the sink and sprayed them with Archival Mist.

I really like the simplicity of this challenge layout, and the use of the white space on the pages. Thanks for looking!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails