Sunday, March 29, 2009

Easter 2003 Layout

This picture was taken on Easter 2003. It was a beautiful day. It was the first time in my life I WANTED to be in front for a picture! I had my gastric bypass surgery in July of 2002, and I was happy enough with the way I looked to WANT to be up front in a picture.

When we arrived at the restaurant that afternoon for our dinner, my grandfather walked right past me. He didn't even recognize me. I had lost over 165 pounds by this time, and he didn't even know me. He kept asking where I was, because he could see my car. Every time I talked he looked surprised to hear my voice coming out of this person he didn't know.

It was a great day with almost all of our family present. Even two of our close family friends were there. It is hard to believe that 6 years later, my grandmother and our family friend, Lloyd have both passed on to heaven. I miss them both so much, but I treasure my memories and pictures.







For this layout, I used a bunch of scraps of paper from my scraps folder. I have no idea of all the paper manufacturers used. The ribbons are from Top Line Creations (no longer in business), and Walmart. The background paper is from Die Cuts with A View (DCWV) - Neutrals Stack. The photo mat is a scrap of paper, but I think it was also DCWV. The stitching on the border is real. I ran the layout through my sewing machine when I had it all in place. I inked everything with chalk inks in brown and olive.

1 comments:

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

great layout Laura, I love how you used non Easter colors.

Related Posts with Thumbnails